The 50 MHz and Up Group is a public benefit amateur radio organization centered in the San Francisco Bay area. Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month at 7pm in Sunnyvale, CA. The group is interested in developing and utilizing communications on frequencies from 50 MHz up through light-waves and is open to any related topics that might be of interest to members, such as: technology, design, construction, operation, public service, contesting and antennas.
Many of the members have built their own transverters or other radio equipment, and are operating at radio frequencies as high as 243 GHz. There are also members involved in laser, satellite, moonbounce and DX on many bands.
Statement of Purpose
This corporation is a non-profit public benefit corporation and is not organized for the private gain of any person. It is organized under the Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law for charitable purposes. The specific purposes for which this corporation is organized are sixfold as follows:
- To promote the use of the 50 MHz and up amateur bands by licensed amateurs for scientific research and education
- To aid the public at large by providing technically advanced yet volunteer emergency communication services and aiding both governmental agencies and other emergency providers such as the Red Cross
- To elevate the technical standards of amateur equipment and operation;
- To aid the Federal Communications Commission in enforcement of laws and regulations with respect to amateur radio operation, and to aid in the investigation and suppression of television, radio, and device interference
- To receive gifts and bequests; to own, control, buy, lease, rent, sell, acquire, hold, convey, mortgage, hypothecate, and otherwise deal with or dispose of personal property, particularly, but not limited to, radio communication equipment in order to further its purposes as enumerated above;
- Do each and everything necessary, or suitable, or proper for the accomplishment of the purposes or the attainment of any one or any of the subjects herein enumerated or conducive to or expedient for the interest or benefit of said corporation and to contract accordingly; and in addition exercise all powers, rights, and privileges necessary or incidental to the purpose for which said corporation is organized, or the activities in which it is engaged.